5 BIG lessons we learned along the way:
1) Stay on top of finances – I thought about becoming an accountant in high school. Good thing I didn’t pursue it. Keeping the IRS and Board of Equalization happy is my least favorite part of the business.
2) Own your mistakes – Steve Jobs once said “Sometimes when you innovate you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your innovation.” AMEN!
3) Relationships are king – I wish I could tell you what this means but I’m afraid you’ll have to become a client to experience it firsthand.
4) Listen and then listen some more – listen to the good, the bad, and the ugly. You’ll find your greatest opportunities in the detail.
5) Keep learning – The kiss of death for business is believing you know it all. Be a student of everything. It’s good for business and the soul.
ZOOM Cross-Media was an early adopter of integrated marketing. Our roots are in direct mail, and we continue to do millions. We integrate online engagement with permission-based email, and develop robust content management systems while we grow word of mouth networking through online platforms and social media.